- Google Slides (Public Link) – answers will pop up as you advance the slides.
- For enrichment, in notes section, you can ask students if the mixtures are element mixtures, compound mixtures, or an element & compound mixture.
- You can also ask students what types of bonds are shown in the diagrams: Ionic, Covalent, or Metallic.
- Sorting Cards: Students can sort cards into groups and discuss answers
- Print out – 4 slides per page Element, Compound, or Mixture – Handout (1)
- Print out – 2 slides per page Element, Compound, or Mixture – Handout (2)
- Handout – students can write answers onto the handout as you review each answer.
- 6 slides per page Element, Compound, or Mixture – Handout (3)
Different ways to use this activity:
- Vocabulary reinforcement
- Students can review the slides independently as added practice and self check.
- This can be a guided mini-lesson for a whole class to reinforce the concept.
- Students can work in pairs to sort the cards into the 3 different groups, then discuss the answers as a class. Challenge – categorize the mixtures.
- Give each student one of the larger cards and have them do the activity “Quiz, Quiz, Trade“
For more lessons related to this activity, please click on the tags below.