7th Grade Science 2015-16 – under construction
Below is the tentative sequence of lesson plans and resources I will be using in my 7th grade science class this year. Clicking on each of the links will lead you to the blog entries with additional information about each lesson. Not all notebook entries will have blog entries – more updates will be added as the year progresses.
- Heights Lab – how tall is the average 7th grader at our school?
- Substituted Sammy – what does it mean to be alive?
- Dichotomous Keys – sorting aliens
- Parts of the Cell – students will complete a jigsaw activity and present the organelles to the class
- SpongeBob Genetics – learn all about Punnett Squares
- “A Recipe of Traits” – dog breeding using genetic traits (link)
- DNA – Paper Protein Chain – A visual model to show the relationship between DNA, Amino Acids, & Proteins