September 2016 – Social Media Platforms Edition
Oct. 2015 – Instagram Edition
- What does a scientist look like?
- “I am a Scientist” directions (pdf)
- Free Instagram template located on TPT @ “Fun’s Not Just for Elementary” (link)
- Click here for cell phone templates: LINK
- Fun scientist puzzles @ ScienceSpot.net (link)
My 6th graders did a really nice job and had a lot of fun creating their Scientist Instagrams. Each student picked a field of science that they were interested in and imagined themselves in those roles. The students also enjoyed seeing each other’s drawings and tapped on the bulletin board to like the images 🙂
Each year, as part of my “Becoming a Scientist” Unit, I ask the students to envision themselves in their favorite field of science. What would they like to do? Where would they be located? What tools would they use? What would they wear? What would they be working on?
I thought it would be fun to have their drawings be Instagram snapshots depicting themselves as scientists in their field of choice. One other option is they can draw scientist selfies using a cell phone template (free downloads @ link)