If you have a unit on genetics, this is a must have as part of your lesson plans. The worksheets were created by Tracy and posted on her website, ScienceSpot.net (link). I created a Google Slides presentation for my 7th graders to help them set up, solve, and analyze Punnett squares.
As a class, we worked on the first few problems together. Then, students worked with a partner and self checked their work using the ppt slides. For homework, they were to finish the problems and self check using the ppt slides. In class the next day, we reviewed some of the problems to check for understanding.
- Google Slides: SpongeBob Genetics -(public link)
- Worksheet: Bikini Bottom Genetics – part 1 (pdf)
- Worksheet: Bikini Bottoms Genetics – part 2 (pdf)
- Additional Links: More fun with Genetics at ScienceSpot.net (link)
- For more lessons about dissections, see my Life Science Page.
- Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSScienceBlog