UPDATED 1/15/23 – New link https://homeandcity.nasa.gov
UPDATED Google Doc – make a copy to edit it.
NASA removed the old Spinoff game they used to have (link) and updated it with the following:
- 40 years of Spinoffs – a gallery of spinoffs used in every day life that were originally developed for space missions
- If you click on the image – each one has a link to a detailed article about how that item was used in the space program and then adapted to civilian use
- Spinoffs Main Page – home page
- Classroom Resources – for grades 5-8
- NASA Kids – Find the Spinoffs game, using the clues, can you find the spinoff?
OLD WEBSITE & Handout: NASA has a great interactive website for students to explore how technologies developed for space exploration are used to improve our daily lives. I made a handout to help guide the students through the website and learn more about items that they used or found interesting. Using their handout, they listed and compared how NASA used or developed the technology to how we use the technology.
- NASA Spinoffs handout (pdf)