Looking for a fun summer activity? Make your own Cartesian Divers using paper clips and a bendy straw. Who can make the slowest diver?
This was the easiest, and most inexpensive way to make cartesian divers I have ever tried, and each student got to take theirs home after class. Did I mention how much fun it was?!
- semi-transparent to transparent bendy straws – 1 per student
- colored paper clips – 4-6 per student
- scissors – 1 per 2-4 students
- 2L bottle with cap – 1 per 2 students
- beaker of water – 1 per 2-4 students
- tray to contain spills -1 per 2 students
- paper towels
- optional: eye dropper with blue colored water
Part 1 – Demonstration:
As part of our density unit, we talk about the concept…
View original post 301 more words