In English and History classes, the students will be learning about Greek Mythology and Life in Ancient Greece. This year we are adding an Astronomy Unit that will include the constellations and incorporate the Greek Myths associated with them. Another nice way to tie Science and English together is to have the students create original poetry about the constellations.
Students can showcase their poetry in several different ways.
- As ppt slides set to music
- ppt slides printed out and displayed
- poetry collection/scrapbook
- poetry readings either within the class or visiting the students in other grades
- act out their poetry as scenes
- create artwork to accompany their poetry
Constellation Haiku – instructions (pdf)