My students enjoyed playing “Password” and I created a Holiday Edition that I used just prior to our Winter Break. Here are the details:
Google Slides: Holiday Password (link)
- 2 chairs in front of the whiteboard, with their backs to the board.
- 2 students stand behind desks facing the board and the seated players
- rest of students on teams off to the sides.
- students on each side will determine what order they go in.
- once the round is over, the students giving the clues will now be the guessers
- the seated person who was a guesser, goes back to sit with their team
- a new person from the team stands to give clues
- all students will rotate through
- Team 1 – gives first clue to their partner in the chair
- Student in chair guesses.
- If they are correct, their team earn 5 pts
- their team will then rotate, team 2 stays where they are
If Team 1 is incorrect, Team 2 gives the second clue to their partner
- If they get it right, they earn 3 pts, everyone rotates
- If they are incorrect, Team 1 gives the next clue
- If Team 1 is right, they earn 2 pts and everyone rotates
- If Team 1 is incorrect, Team 2 gives the final clue
- If Team 2 is right, they earn 1 pt and everyone rotates
- If Team 2 is incorrect, no points, everyone rotates
- Team 2 gives first clue, continue following steps above
- Each team has an opportunity to start a round, alternating rounds.
- If either team guesses it on the first try, the other team will stay since they did not have a chance to guess.
- Add up points and see who wins.