Adopt a City
Task 10 – Wind & Air Pressure (Updated)
- Record today’s Weather, yesterday’s Hi/Lo/Precipitation, & Astronomy Data (link) (excel).
- On your mini-map (pdf)
- record the WSM and add it to the classroom map of the USA (pdf)
- color in the precipitation
- draw the fronts (using blue and red dotted lines), along with H and L, for today (link)
- go to the WunderMap, click “U.S. Fronts” and “Weather Stations” (link)
- What do you notice about the temperatures on either side of the fronts and the location of the precipitation?
A) Wind & Air Pressure
- Use the following resources to learn about wind and air pressure to complete your worksheet (pdf)
B) Bernoulli’s Principle – try it out!
- Bernoulli’s Principle (link): complete 3 of the activities posted (I will supply the materials) and write 3-5 sentences for each activity using google doc or lined paper describing what you did and what you learned by doing each activity.
- How does wind and air pressure allow us to fly? BrainPOP Flight Movie (link)